With the end of the calendar year approaching, there is still an opportunity to make a gift and receive a tax deduction for 2012. All gifts received by Dec. 31, 2012 will be counted for tax purposes toward the 2012 calendar year. Priority Points received from these gifts will be used to determine seating and parking allocations/requests for 2013 football and 2013-14 basketball, as well as 2013-14 postseason ticket availability and access to other special events.
Individuals interested in supporting Rutgers’ student-athletes may give online by clicking here. Private donations to Rutgers Athletics are critical to provide student-athletes with the necessary tools to earn degrees, become leaders, and win championships. While 2012 was a great year “On the Banks”, the future has never been brighter with the pending move to the Big Ten, the most prestigious conference in the nation. Great opportunity awaits Rutgers Athletics, but the work is just beginning and we need your help to reach our tremendous potential. If you have any questions about how you can support Rutgers Athletics, please contact Rutgers Athletic Development at 848-932-7629.
Rutgers Athletics would like to thank its generous alumni, fans and friends that supported Rutgers student-athletes in 2012. It was an unforgettable year at Rutgers Athletics, highlighted by the following events:
On the field
- Rutgers announces it will join Big Ten Conference
- Football wins Big East title for first time
- Women’s Basketball makes NCAA Tournament for 10th straight year
- Women’s Soccer advances to NCAA Tournament Second Round
- Men’s Basketball posts two wins over AP Top 10 teams in same season
In the classroom
- In Spring 2012 semester, 60 percent of Student-Athletes earned GPA of 3.0 or higher; 24 percent named to Dean’s List
- Football, Gymnastics, and Women’s Soccer were all in the Top 10 percent nationally in APR
- Men’s Soccer was awarded NSCAA College Team Academic Award (Team Year GPA = 3.0 or higher)
- 11 members of Field Hockey team named to National Academic Squad (Cum GPA = 3.30 or higher)
- 15 members of Gymnastics team earned EAGL All-Academic Team (Cum GPA = 3.0 or higher)
- Women’s Lacrosse was named All-Academic Squad for the 3rd year in row (Team Cum GPA = 3.0 or higher)
- Women’s Swimming received CSCAA Scholar All-America Team Award (Team Cum GPA = 3.0 or higher)
- Volleyball received AVCA Academic Team Award – 2nd year in a row (Team Cum GPA = 3.3 or higher)
- Football had a school record 27 All Big East Academic team members
In the community
- Rutgers Athletics raised over $62,000 for the Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund, in addition to spearheading efforts to collect clothing, food and water for those effected by the disaster
- SAAC raised nearly $5,000 towards March of Babies, over $2,500 towards the Rutgers Spinal Cord Injury Project, and teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to build a 5-home condo village in Plainfield, NJ.
- In all, 300+ student-athletes volunteered their time in 2012