Our world-class facility is located in the Livingston Recreation Center at 62 Road 3 in Piscataway, NJ 08854. Our program is fun, educational, and maintains focus on proper technique as students develop strength, flexibility, and skills on all apparatuses. Our qualified staff is both CPR Certified and Safety Certified by USA Gymnastics, and will give your gymnast both a positive and memorable experience. We offer a wide variety of classes for both boys and girls on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. In general, students are registered for class according to age and ability. Registration for classes can occur at any time during the session and we prorate our tuition accordingly!!
Parent & Me: Children 18 months – 36 months (45 minutes). In this class, the parent follows along, accompanying and supporting his/her child as he/she moves through obstacles that develop strength, balance and coordination on each apparatus. This class is great for developing gross motor skills and learning basic gymnastics.
Pre-School: Children 3-4.5 years old (45 minutes). Children in this class are independent in following along as the instructor guides students through exciting obstacles to learn basic gymnastics skills on each apparatus. Children also develop skills in following directions and turn taking.
Kinder Gym: Children 5-6 years old (1 hour). Students continue to gain independence as they move through challenging obstacles on each apparatus. Students also progress in technique and development of skills like bridges, handstands, cartwheels, etc.
Beginner Gymnastics: Children 6-8 (1st grade and up), or 9+ years old (1 hour). Students will work on the basic skills of gymnastics on each apparatus. They will work on perfecting their rolls, handstands, bridges, and cartwheels on floor; casting and pullovers on bars; walking, mounting and dismounting on beam; and basic vaulting. They will also work on developing strength and flexibility needed for skills for intermediate and advanced gymnastics.
Intermediate Gymnastics: Children 6-8, or 9+ years old (1 hour) Students continue to work on the basics as well as intermediate skills of gymnastics on each apparatus. These students have already perfected their cartwheels, handstands and the other skills (listed above) in beginner gymnastics. They will be introduced to skills such as round offs, and kick overs/walkovers on floor; hip circles on bars, jumping and basic tumbling on the beam; intermediate vaulting skills, etc.. They will continue working on their flexibility, technique, and strength needed to progress into more difficult skills needed for more advanced gymnastics.
Advanced Gymnastics: Children 8+ (1.5 hours). Students have a strong background in the basics of beginner and Intermediate gymnastics. They will work on more advanced skills on each event, including handsprings, walkovers, beam tumbling, high bar skills, etc. They will work on further improving their strength and work towards entry into our Varsity Gymnastics class. This class is also 1 ½ hours long to allow for more time to work on each apparatus.
Tumbling: Children 7-18 years old (1 hour). This class focuses on providing cheerleaders and gymnasts with the skills necessary to become good tumblers. Students will spend time working on strength and tumbling drills that will help them get one step closer to better tumbling for classes and try-outs. Beginner tumbling will work on strengthening handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and rolls, as well as drills for round offs, and walkovers. Intermediate Tumbling have mastered these skills, and will work on perfecting their round-offs, handsprings and walkovers. Advanced Tumbling students have already grasped above skills, and will work on round off back handsprings, front handsprings, front/back tucks, twisting, and more.
Junior Varsity & Varsity Gymnastics: 6-10 yrs (Jr. Varsity) & 11+ (Varsity) (2 Hour Classes). This program offers year-round practice to advanced students preparing to be a part of any competitive gymnastics team. Gymnasts may train 1-2 days per week to perfect their skills and improve strength and flexibility. In this class, students will work on various skills from back handsprings and walkovers, to saltos, twisting, and more advanced skills on all four apparatuses.
Class sizes will be:
- 6/1 Pre school and Parent & Me
- 8/1 Kindergym, Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced, Junior Varsity & Varsity
- 10/1 Tumbling
Rutgers Gymnastics Safety Rules
Please go over these rules with your child(ren) before they attend class. All of these rules are in place to prevent any accidents. Any breaking of this rules can result in injury, or dismissal from the class or gym.
General Safety Rules
- No chewing gum, food or drinks are allowed in the gym, with the exception of water bottles. Any water bottles must stay in the seating area.
- No jewelry (stud earrings are allowed), shoes, or socks are to be worn during classes.
- No loose or baggy clothing, jeans. No pants with draw strings around the waist.
- All hair must be pulled back away from the face.
- All children must wait in the seating area unless in a class.
- All participants must wait in the seating area until called onto the floor by their coach.
- Before or after classes, no one is allowed on the equipment without an instructor.
- No playing on or around the stanchions, seats, or tables.
- Parents are not allowed on the mats or equipment, unless they are participating in the Pee Wee & Me (Parent & Me) classes. They must stay in the seating area. If a parent is needed on the floor to console a child, or in the event of an emergency, they will be instructed to do so by a staff member.
Gymnastics Class Rules
- Always stay with your coach. If you need to go to the bathroom, get a drink, or go to your parent during class, please ask your instructors permission. The instructor will give you a break in the middle of class if you need water or a bathroom trip.
- Use your “inside voice” while in class—no screaming or yelling, please!
- No running in the gym. Always walk around the edge of the floor mat or other equipment as instructed to do so by their teacher. Please be aware of other classes while walking around the gym.
- All gymnasts must keep their hands, feet, and bodies to themselves.
- Never use or hang on any equipment unless your coach instructs you to do so.
- Only one person at a time on the equipment unless instructed otherwise.
- Always land on your feet unless instructed to do otherwise
- Keep a safe distance from others in the class, so you do not get kicked or injured while someone else is attempting a skill.
- Do not walk under any equipment while someone else is using it
- Do not climb or hang on legs of beam or bar cables
- Only use the equipment as instructed by your coach
- Follow your coach’s directions
Tumble Track Safety
- Jump in the middle of the tumble track.
- Only one person at a time.
- There will be no use of the tumble track without instructor supervision.
- Never go under the tumble track
- Follow the instructor’s directions carefully when using the tumble track.