Dear Rutgers Recreational Gymnastics Participant:
We would like to thank everyone who attended our recreational sessions in the past. If you are new to our program, we look forward to teaching your child in our gymnastics and cheer programs. Registration is on a first come first served basis. Student registration forms and payments must be returned to the Rutgers Gymnastics Office:
College Avenue Gymnasium
130 College Ave.
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Questions on availability and suitability of classes should be directed to the gymnastics office. You may call (848) 932-7155 or email RURecGymnastics@scarletknights.com with any questions or concerns. For directions and additional information, please check our website scarletknights.com/gymnastics.
Questions on availability and suitability of classes should be directed to the gymnastics office. You may call or email RURecGymnastics@scarletknights.com with any questions or concerns. For directions and additional information, please check our website scarletknights.com/gymnastics.
Please review the changes to the class schedule for our upcoming fall session. We have added and changed some classes due to increased enrollment last year. If you have any questions about which class would best fit your child(ren), please contact us.
A minimum of three children must be enrolled in each class, or the class will be cancelled, and your child will have to move to another day and time. To ensure enrollment and prevent class cancelations, we encourage you to submit registration and payment prior to the first day of classes. If you do not find a class that suits your schedule, contact the office to learn how to create a class or a private lesson. Please feel free to invite friends and family to enroll. To receive a free trial class, contact the office (new customers only).
**Make-Up and Payment Policies**
Please refer to our Tuition Information page for our make-up and payment policies for this session.
Enclosed in this packet are the following:
- Class registration and pricing information—the session schedules, fee breakdowns, and explanation of discounts.
- Class registration and insurance waiver—the back side has built-in formulas for easy calculation. Please fill it out entirely! If you do not sign the waiver, your child will not be allowed to participate.
- Class descriptions, calendar, and schedule—this defines and lists all classes and the days and times they are offered
Once we receive your registration materials and payment, we will send out a packet containing rules, regulations, calendar, and important dates, along with your receipt of payment.
Rutgers Rec & Cheer Gym Policies:
For the safety of the children, coaches, and all observers, please do not bring any firearms or weapons into the gymnastics facility.
If you are authorized and licensed to carry a firearm, it must be safely and securely stored at all times. Anyone who violates this rule will be asked to leave the facility and may not be permitted to return for future sessions.
Please do not bring Food or Drink into the Gym.
We have had many spills and messes from parents and siblings during class time. Please be considerate while waiting for students in the gym. There is no food or soft drinks allowed in the gymnastics area. Water bottles only are allowed. Anyone wishing to snack at this time must go outside the facility.
Make ups are allowed on scheduled “make-up days” only, and there will only be a few scheduled per session. Additional make up days will not be offered during this session unless there is a facilities problem (bad weather, no lights, etc.) or similar need to cancel classes. It is your responsibility to have your child attend these “Make-up Days”. Make-Ups are not carried over to the next session. No refunds or credits will be given for missed classes unless there is injury with a medical note. All credits are given on a case-by-case basis, determined by the program director.
Lost and Found: We are not responsible for items left in the gym. We do our best to place lost clothing in our lost and found box. DO NOT BRING VALUABLES TO CLASS. (No jewelry should be worn to class.)
- Arrive at the gym on time, ready to participate and stay until practice is over
- Proper attire is required—either a leotard or well-fitting shorts and a shirt.
- All hair pulled back out of the face, jewelry off, no gum or food. Wear a leotard or fitted shorts and t-shirt. Should be able to go sideways or upside down without any visual obstruction or clothing falling over head. Leotards with skirts are not allowed.
- Parents: We will have your child pull or clip back any long hair before class begins. Children will not be allowed to participate with hair down!
- Bare feet for all. Socks get lost in the pit. We will not save socks for the lost and found.
- Please have your children wait quietly in the seating area for their instructor to start class. Children are not permitted on the equipment or in the equipment area before or after class.
Treat other gymnasts and instructors with respect. There should be no rude or belittling comments, displays of anger or disgust, or talking back to anyone. No rough play or “crashing” will be tolerated.
In order to receive any discounts, payment must be received before the first day of classes—NOT the first day of your child’s class. Also, registering after classes start DOES NOT guarantee your child’s place in class.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE RUTGERS GYMNASTICS OFFICE
732-932-7155 Fax: 732-932-1363