Doors will open at 5:00 p.m. and the silent auction will begin at 6:00 p.m. when a light dinner will be served. The live auction will commence at 8:00 p.m. Chris Carlin of the Rutgers Football Radio Network and WFAN radio will be among those will serve as a celebrity auctioneer. There will be one-time chances to bid on unique memorabilia and original artwork and the live auction items will include:
- A personally guided tour and lunch with Yogi Berra at his museum and learning center in Montclair, New Jersey
- Lunch with Federico Castellucio, "Furio" from The Sopranos, at his New Brunswick eatery, Attilio's
- A rare baseball signed by New York Yankee outfielder Hideki Matsui
- Vacation packages to Santa Fe and San Diego
- A cast autographed script from the pilot episode of The Sopranos
- A football and jersey autographed by James Gandolfini RC'83
- Original artwork by world-famous sports artist James Fiorentino
- A golf threesome at the famed Baltsurol Country Club, site of the 2005 PGA Championship
- A golf package and overnight stay at the Seaview Marriott Golf Resort
In addition more than 100 silent auction items will allow participants to bid on items ranging from tickets to sporting events, to jerseys signed by Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and the New Jersey Nets’ Richard Jefferson. Items signed by California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and rock star Jon Bon Jovi. Local dining and entertainment packages will also be auctioned.
Tickets for non-Touchdown Club members are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. For Touchdown Club members, tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.
For more information or to purchase tickets in advance, please contact Lisa Gonzalez at Rutgers Scarlet R at 732-932-3254 or 732-932-7629 or call Doug Dolan of the Touchdown Club at 973-334-6051.
For more details about the auction, check out the club’s Web site www.touchdownclub.rutgers.edu.
Donations for the auction are still being accepted. Please contact Joe Lemkin of the Touchdown Club at 609-716-0062 if you can help.