PISCATAWAY, N.J. (Sept. 12, 2014) – Rutgers Athletics is issuing a reminder to fans about facility policies for High Point Solutions Stadium for Saturday's sold out game against Penn State.
In conjunction with Homeland Security, Rutgers will strictly enforce its bag policy. Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and approximately 12” x 6” x 12”, or one-gallon clear plastic bags or similar, and small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, can be taken into athletic venues. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. For more information go to: http://www.scarletknights.com/tickets/bagpolicy.asp
In addition, in the event of rain, fans are reminded that umbrellas are NOT permitted inside the stadium.
Fans arriving in recreational vehicles require a specific RV pass to park RVs in the season ticket lots on the Busch Campus. Regular parking passes will result in those RVs being turned away.
No RVs are permitted in Johnson Park on game day.
All RVs, oversized vehicles and buses without appropriate parking passes are restricted to the RAC parking lot. The cost is $100 on game day.
Rutgers’ inaugural Big Ten season is presented by Audi and the new A3, AmeriHealth New Jersey and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
Parking and stadium policies, as well as updates to the game day experience at High Point Solutions Stadium, are as follows:
Reminders for Parking, RV, Oversized Vehicles and Bus Parking
Parking lots will now open five hours before kickoff. The shuttles buses will start running three hours prior to kickoff.
Game day parking for oversized vehicles, including recreational vehicles (RVs) and buses, is $100 per game and is only available at the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC) on a first-come, first-served basis. Shuttle bus service to High Point Solutions Stadium will be provided free of charge on game day.
Please note that RVs and buses are not permitted to park in Johnson Park. Overnight RV parking is also available at the RAC. Amenities nearby include restaurants, groceries and a movie theater all within walking distance on the Livingston campus. In addition, the parking lot is easily accessible to Rutgers bus transportation to downtown New Brunswick. Fans who wish to stay overnight can purchase parking as follows:
Friday arrival (after 3 p.m.): $150
Saturday arrival: $100
Cars in tow will be subject to an additional $20 fee. Regular parking passes will NOT be honored for RV access into any parking lot.
Because of the shuttle pick up and drop off points, the RAC parking lot is the most convenient location for individuals with handicaps or special needs.
• New food options, portables, and sub-contractors will be located both inside the stadium, in the Block R Party and along the Boardwalk (click here to view map and here for new layout).
• Rutgers Athletics, in conjunction with Homeland Security, will continue to enforce its bag policy. Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and approximately 12” x 6” x 12”, or one-gallon clear plastic bags or similar, and small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, can be taken into athletic venues. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. For more information go to: http://www.scarletknights.com/tickets/bagpolicy.asp
• Cell phone service will be improved throughout the stadium in 2014. Work is ongoing to make the upgrades permanent.
• Homeland Security, through Middlesex County, has increased the number of cameras and bollards for improved safety.
• Additional men’s bathrooms will be available on the East side of the stadium.
• The North concourse has been extended eight feet.
• To enhance the fan game day experience, additional LED ribbon boards and visual enhancements, including new signage, wall graphics and banners will be located throughout the stadium.
• In order to improve traffic flow for fans leaving High Point Solutions Stadium, vehicles will not be permitted to access River Road from Route 18 southbound postgame.
• A new closed captioning system will be available at HPSS this season. Hearing-impaired fans can also obtain a special listening device at Guest Services on the North Concourse.
• The Text Notification system allows fans to quickly report emergencies. Text “RUFAN”
Click here for further information and stadium policies.
Follow Rutgers Athletics on Facebook and Twitter (@RUAthletics) for all of the latest news and updates. For specific updates regarding football, follow the program on Twitter @RFootball.