Tryout Dates @ Rutgers Athletic Center:
April 21st - 3:30 pm Registration, Tryouts begin at 4pm
April 22nd- 7pm Review Material
April 23rd - 7pm Judged Tryout
- Valid RU ID or admission letter to Rutgers New Brunswick
- $20 tryout fee
- Registration Form
- Photo (will not be returned and can be a copy –please attach to registration form)
- A doctor's note stating you are physically able to particpate in tryouts. You will NOT be able to particpate without one.
- Dance shoes
- Crop top or fitted tank top (suggested colors: red, black, white)
- Black shorts or black jazz pants
- Hair and makeup styled like for a game
- Sunday: everyone will learn a jazz routine, the Rutgers Fight song, a sideline cheer and have the chance to work on your optional across the floor.
- Monday: you will have chance to review all material.
- Tuesday: you will be judged in groups of 3 in front of an outside panel of 7-10 judges.
- All Returners will tryout and need to receive a minimum of 85/100 to make team.
- All new dancers will need to score a minimum of 78/100 to make team.
- Tryouts will be closed to spectators.
- Tryout decisions are final.
- Summer competition team will be selected at tryouts.
- Auditions for competition team will take place in late August/early September.