The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics announced the establishment of the “Eric LeGrand Believe Fund” to support Eric LeGrand and his family. LeGrand, a junior defensive tackle for the Scarlet Knights, suffered a spinal cord injury Oct. 16 vs. Army.
Contributions to the fund are not tax deductible and can be made by sending a check payable to the “Eric LeGrand Believe Fund” to:
“Eric LeGrand Believe Fund”
PNC Wealth Management
Attn: Kimberly G. Kingsland, Senior Trust Advisor
One Palmer Square Suite 201
Princeton, NJ 08542
Colonia High School
2011: Has shown the entire nation his tremendous amount of courage, belief and strength throughout his injury rehabilitation … resumed his studies via Skype for the spring 2011 semester … was at several spring football practices, including the Scarlet-White spring game, where he made his broadcast debut on KnightVision … after graduation, has career aspirations to become a sports broadcaster … has become an inspirational speaker for several events in the area, including the Lincoln High School graduation in Brooklyn … just returned to live at his home in Avenel in July, just minutes away from the Rutgers campus.
2010: Key performer at defensive tackle who played in six games before suffering a career-ending spinal cord injury vs. Army (10/16) … ended the season with 13 tackles, including two for loss.
2009: Appeared in all 13 games ... 33 tackles on the season ... led team with 13 tackles on kickoff coverage ... recorded a tackle-for-loss in seven games ... also had multiple tackles in 11 games ... career-high tying four tackles vs. Maryland (9/26) … three solo tackles, including a TFL vs. WVU (12/5) and at Syracuse (11/21) … also posted three tackles vs. USF (11/12) ... matched his career-high with four tackles and had 1.5 TFL and a fumble recovery vs. Pittsburgh (10/16) ... three tackles and assisted TFL vs. Howard (9/12).
2008: Made his collegiate debut against North Carolina (9/11) ... saw action as a defensive lineman, fullback and on special teams ... contributed two tackles and his first career TFL (1.5 TFLs in the game) vs. Morgan State (9/27) ... switched to fullback for the Connecticut (10/18) and Pittsburgh (10/25) games and wore jersey number 46 ... returned to defensive end and jersey No. 52 for the Syracuse game (11/8) ... posted a career-high four tackles against Louisville (12/4) ... had three stops in the PapaJohns.com Bowl against NC State (12/29).
Prior to Rutgers: Four-year starter for Colonia High School head coach Ben LaSala ... consensus Top 15 recruit in New Jersey ... starred at linebacker and running back for a 7-3 Colonia team that finished with an undefeated division record for the first time in school history ... totaled 115 tackles and rushed for 980 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2007 ... ranked by Scout.com as the No. 14 recruit in New Jersey and the No. 21 middle linebacker prospect nationally ... rated No. 13 in NJ by Rivals.com ... First Team All-Area by the Home News Tribune ... Second Team All-State by the Associated Press ... First Team All-Middlesex County and Second Team All-State by the Star-Ledger … one of seven members of 2008 class selected to play in the NY/NJ All-Star Football Classic at Rutgers Stadium … born 9/4/90 ... a Criminal Justice major.
- "BELIEVE" CD by RUNAWAY (All proceeds go to the Eric LeGrand Believe Fund)
- COMEDY FEST FUNDRAISER PHOTO GALLERY
- SUPPORT RALLY PHOTO GALLERY
- SEND A GET-WELL MESSAGE TO ERIC VIA TWITTER
- OFFICIAL NEWS RELEASES
- February 25, 2013: New Brunswick Restaurants Unite for Eric LeGrand Believe Fund
- September 18, 2012: Eric LeGrand Book Release Event Set For Sept. 26
- June 14, 2012: Eric LeGrand to receive Valvano award at ESPYs
- May 17, 2012: 2nd Annual "A Walk to Believe" Set for June 2
- May 2, 2012: Buccaneers Sign Eric LeGrand
- March 29, 2012: LeGrand To Be Honored By New Jersey Hall of Fame
- February 23, 2012: New Brunswick Restaurants Unite for Eric LeGrand Believe Fund
- December 20, 2011: Fans Vote Return of Rutgers Football Player Eric LeGrand the Best Sports Moment of the Year for 2011
- October 4, 2011: Eric LeGrand to Lead Rutgers Out of Tunnel vs. West Virginia
- October 4, 2011: LeGrand to Speak on Busch Campus Wednesday October 5
- August 30, 2011: LeGrand Named Finalist for Courage in Sports Honor on CBS
- August 29, 2011: LeGrand Bowl Tournament Coming to Campus
- July 21, 2011: Somerset Patriots To Host "Rutgers Night" To Benefit the Eric LeGrand Believe Fund
- May 17, 2011: Bowl with NFL Alumni and Sports Celebrities to Benefit Eric LeGrand Believe Fund
- April 22, 2011: 5K Walk to Benefit Eric LeGrand Believe Fund Set for June 4
- April 22, 2011: Eric LeGrand, Greg Schiano to Appear on NBC’s Mike’d Up
- March 30, 2011: Eric LeGrand Update
- February 21, 2011: Eric LeGrand Update
- January 7, 2011: Bill Bellamy to Host Comedy Fest Fundraiser for Eric LeGrand
- January 6, 2011: First Interview with Eric LeGrand to Air on ESPN
- December 17, 2010: New Brunswick Restaurants Unite for Eric LeGrand Believe Fund
- December 16, 2010: LeGrand Named Discover Orange Bowl-FWAA Courage Award Winner
- December 1, 2010: LeGrand Nominated for Discover Orange Bowl Courage Award
- November 23, 2010: Eric LeGrand Update
- November 9, 2010: Eric LeGrand Update
- November 4, 2010: Eric LeGrand Update
- November 3, 2010: Eric LeGrand Update
- October 22, 2010: "Eric LeGrand Believe Fund" Established
- October 17, 2010: Update on the Condition of Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand